Lesson 4 Text: Dogs Study Guide
Listening Station 1. Listen to story
2. Highlight the genre on the Title Page.
3. Highlight the sentence that tells what animals are cousins to 'dogs'.
4. Highlight information about when puppies are first born.
5. Highlight the sentence that tells you how dogs are like other pets.
Write in the notes:
1. Why does chewing on bones help dogs? Bones help to _________________________.
2. What is this story mostly about? This story is mostly about _______________________.
3. The writer uses pictures of a puppy and an adult cat to show ___________________.
4. What was the author's purpose in this story? The author's purpose was __________________.
Create Rubrics and Graphic Organizers; Previewing a Book; Understanding Fiction and Non-FictiChapter Headings; KWL Lesson, Ask Questions As You Read, Author's Purpose Activity; Author's Purpose PowerPoint, Author's Purpose Mini-lesson. Main Idea Mini-lesson 1, Main Idea Mini-Lesson 2
Vocabulary PowerPoint Practice, Vocabulary Booklet,
This link enables your child to log in view Math in Focus student text book.
UN is their lunch number. Their password is their first name with no caps.
Click the monkey to practice Questioning.